Wednesday 10 September 2008

Roll up! Roll up!!

So, in the back of mind has been percolating that whole circus/circus freak look. Then came the poke in the eye with the preposterousness (I don't know... is that a word? I think it's a word... 'tis now...) of Topshop's Pierrot hat. Although I quickly forgave this idiocy when I saw their wonderful Wonderland collection - big bows, exagerrated shapes, ringmaster jackets, a bit shiny, a bit showtime, a bit Cabaret... I love all that drama.

It was only a matter of time before I was rooting through my wardrobe looking for a way to make it all mine. This is what I wore to work yesterday (click on images to enlarge):

I almost wore the DIY ruff, but I thought that may be a touch much for work. They are sort of used to me and my whacky dress sense now, but possibly the ruff might have been a accessory too far. I settled on a graphic scarf instead. I wanted a big, stiff, clown bow but, as you can see, it went all floppy on me... Ah, well!

Oh, and those are my favourite boots. I like the way I can change their look with different coloured socks and tights. When I first bought them, I considered them risque and very high - all this was before stripper heels and platforms got trendy - now, they're just ordinary compared to some of the stuff you see.

My hair was a mess, hence the raspberry beret, but I kind of like it anyway.


Pouffy spotted skirt, H&M; layered under pouffy pocket skirt, River Island
Stripey cardigan worn back to front, H&M
Military jacket, designer warehouse sale
Tights and silver stripe socks, H&M
Boots (bought in Chicago a very long time a go)
Beret, French Connection
Scarf, Peacocks

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.