Monday 9 June 2008

First rule of DIY: start with the small stuff

Success! I got round to finishing my DIY ruff project.

In the end it didn't take that long at all. Most of the work was carefully unpicking the ruffle at the buttom of the child's dress.

Then I measured and sewed in ruffles to fit round my neck, added some black grossgrain ribbon from my bag of bits and pieces, and here's the result (click on images to enlarge):
I think it came out alright, although it's not as bouffy as I would've liked. But it it transformed my plain black and white, floral, sleeveless top:
And the great thing is, if I wear it back to front it looks like a little capelet with a natty bow.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.