Friday 16 May 2008

Wanna play?

You know me. My love for playsuits waxes and wanes like the phases of the moon. Last year, I postively loathed them. Then I bought one (purely for the beach, you understand...). This year I kinda like them and when I get a few minutes of peace, I might make one for myself.

Today I saw this lovely from Topshop and thought: "that could work.":


I like the cut of it. Unlike most that I've seen so far, it doesn't have that bewildering elasticated/drawstring drop-waist (seriously people, what is that?) that will make most normal girls (Agyness Dean. She is not of our number.) look like they got stuck in a potato sack.

This means that you can use a big belt to cinch the waist in some for a nice curvy silhouette. That is, unless you have a frog body, in which case, just step away from the playsuits!

Shame then that the playsuit is so ridiculously priced at £45. £45! I think that's a tad too much to spend on what, at the end of the day, amounts to a one-season wonder. If you do want a more reasonably priced playsuit that's very similar to the stripey one in shape, but comes in red or black with polkadots instead, scoot over to saviour of the penniless shopper, Primark. Where you can find it for £8.

Unfortunately, no matter which way I play it, I don't think my playsuit lovin' can extend to this:
Because this, my friends, is a giant babygrow. So, unless you're into that kind of thing, looking like a giant baby? Now that would just be wrong.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.