Thursday 15 May 2008

Feeling flats

The lovely sunny weather we've been having lately has seen me finally doing away with most of my winter wardrobe (although I'm holding a few things back because the British weather is just not that predictable).

Mostly I've been wearing cotton t-shirts, cotton skirts, summer dresses and sheer tops, and lots of colourful accessories. Shoe-wise, I thought this seasons would be all about the high wedge sandal for me. Surprisingly though, I seem to have also developed a latent taste for flat shoes. Mainly due to not having much money to shop with lately, and also because I re-discovered some hidden gems in some of my "yet-unpacked boxes" pile. See below (click on image to enlarge):

Silver Mary Janes, New Look; Peach with rose print, Zara; Mint with bows, Nine West


I'd almost forgotten I had these, bought them in that long ago season when flats were rocking. I love the Zara rose print ones because they're so unusual, and flats that are both mint, peeptoe and double bowed? Fab. The silver ones I've just started to get into, as they make a nice neutral shade to wear with floral dresses and pretty skirts.

It's almost impossible to find really cute flats anymore. They're mostly of the Kate Moss/Amy Winehouse ballet flat variety - so very, very boring. I did manage to find a few that I like online though. The Red or Dead plimsolls remind of PE class. See below (click on image to enlarge):


Grey bandage, £75, KG; Fuschia with ankle-strap, £25, Topshop; mint and print, £49, Poetic Licence at ASOS; two-tone Mary Jane, £20, New Look; zip front gladiators, £30, ASOS; black plimsolls, £20 and multi-coloured courts, £35 both Red or Dead at Schuh; bronze t-bar, Pied a Terre, £85


See:
All the shoes I own
Head of heels

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.