Wednesday 28 November 2007

When Shoe Lurve goes wrong

Remember how I raved about those Minx booties? Well they came in the post yesterday and, well all my dreams were shattered. Let's just say I was not impressed. I do, however, have a grudging respect for the photographer who does images for the Schuh website. They looked a lot better online.

It's like meeting a good looking guy in a bar, arranging a date, getting all excited and then finally meeting him in broad daylight only to find that dim light is indeed very flattering.

First off they were a little tight, which I wasn't expecting since the other ones I own fit perfectly well. Then there was the little problem of the strap fastenings... Now, there's a lot I can take in a shoe: faux leather, no leather, plastic. Hell, I'll even take elastic but one thing I positively cannot stand is... velcro fastenings! *gasp* I'm afraid that put me right off.

So I took them back and got a refund. The great thing about Schuh is that they will do you a refund without question at any of their stores no matter where you buy them even over the internet and they refund up to a year down the line as long as you return them in the condition you got them. The not so great thing is that they do not refund the postage, so I was down £2.99.


dressed and pressed, topshop multi-buckle platforms

Anyhoo, the good news is, I decided to go down to Topshop and buy these strappy platform shoes that I'd been coveting. They were £65 but hey, I'd already spent £50, so in real terms (that is, on planet D&P, home of the theory of shoe relativity. Welcome!) it was just another £15. Needless to say, they are fabulous and put me in mind of the Vivienne Westwood shoes I posted about last week. dressed and pressed Vivienne Westwood shoes

I just wish I could find a way to replace those buckles with something as fabulous as Westwood's. Could a shoemaker do it? Any ideas?

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.