Saturday 24 November 2007

Party shoes

When it comes to party outfits it's still all about the shoes for me. I always tend to go a little over-the-top with footwear and end up with an outfit where the shoe's the star and everything else plays a bit part. It's not ideal, I know but hey, it works for me.

Speaking of parties, I'm still recovering from the doozy that was the bloke's birthday. It was great but I'm feeling the pain now. I wore my velvet strictly come dancing dress and finally got to wear the black Nine West wedgies I bought in the summer sales. They went together perfectly.


Glam shoes
Be they shiny patent, embellished, bright or high, these shoes are all about the drama. Probably best to keep the outfit simple and team with bold accessories and red lippy.
Clockwise from top: Dune jewelled, £95; River Island studded, £54.99; Topshop perspex, £50; M&S glitter, £35, Minx metallic, £44.99; Nine West cutout wedge, £70; Aldo red patent, £70


Girlie shoes

If you're looking for something a tad more girlie to go with a great little party frock, then a manageable heel, pretty girlie colours and simple flair will win out everytime.

Clockwise from top: Faith satin gem, £72; Matalan crossover, £12; Principles silver strappy, £36; Jasper Conran at Debenhams, £32; Shellys stripey metallic, £55; ASOS Premium pink suede, £40; Office Shboots, £54.99


Quirky shoes

These are the kind of shoes that probably wouldn't immediately cross your mind if you were thinking party, but I feel that they are the one's with the most potential, the silver brogues, for example, would give a ladylike outfit a little edge. Definitely lots of scope for experimentation.

Clockwise from top: Office patent lace-up, £65; Luella silver brogues, £80; Sniff stripey wedge, £85; Irregular Choice at Urban Outfitters lace-up, £59; Carvella strappy lace-up, £75; Irregular Choice at Schuh, patterned, £54.99


See more shoes
Shiny party accessories
Five of the best party dresses

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.