Wednesday 8 April 2009

Leaving the tag on*

I'm very bad with blog Tag posts. I used to not get tagged at all but then when I did start to get tagged, I'd either completely miss it or just not get round to doing it. This time I have space and time and an uncommon sense of discipline, so I'm going to do this tag that the lovely, and frequently hilarious, Tor of Fabfrocks has given me.

The guidelines:

1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. Tag eight other un-tagged people.


What is your current obsession?
At the moment, it's poetry. April is national poetry month and I along with some pretty darn awesome poets have taken a challenge to write 30 poems in 30 days. So far it's going pretty well and I've just written my 8th poem but it means that all I can currently think about are airy fairy words.

Do you nap a lot?
I'm not a great napper. I like to be up and about or I feel cheated out of the day. What a bizzare question.

Who was the last person you hugged?
Ben and Emma (Yes, that's two people but they sort of come as a set so it doesn't count) yesterday when I went to meet the gorgeous Maximus Babyus, who just cooed and gurgled and smiled until I was heap of mushy babylovin' goo.

What’s for dinner?
Usually it's eggs or beans or whatever's left over from the night before.

What was the last thing you bought?
Fringed and studded peeptoe ankle boots from New Look.

What are you listening to right now?
Tears for Fears greatest hits. The sound of my teenage-hood. Head over Heels is probably one of my favourite songs of all time and I will forever have a crush on the young Roland Orzabal (though I don't fancy the older one much). Check out the vid... God, I like 'em dorky!

What is your favourite weather?
Sunshine. The hotter, the better.

What's in your bathroom cabinet?
Oh dear, I'm not sure you want to know the entire contents. I'll just say moisturiser, and body scrub and leave it at that, I think.

Say something to the person/s who tagged you.
Tor, you have the rockingest rock chic hair.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
Right in the middle of the space-time continuum vortex thingy, so that I could be everywhere at once. What? It's not cheating.

Name the things you can’t live without.
Writing. Amazing friends. Good times. My lappie and t'internet.

What is your favourite tea flavour?
There is only one tea and it's builders tea.

What would you like to get rid of?
The 5 day working week. Why can't we just work weekends instead, eh?

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Only an hour? I'd like to drop in my friend Peter in Chicago.

What did you want to become as a child?
Oh lord! Everything. Explorer, writer, artist, archeologist, footballer, ballerina, comedian, singer... the list goes on and on

What do you miss?
Mostly, absent friends and family.

What are you reading right now?
I've got three books on the go at the moment: Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller, PopCo by Scarlett Thomas and Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre. I always read more than one book at a time, so I don't get bored during the slow bits and I have a bit of variety.

What's your favourite brand of jeans?
Any that will fit and that I don't have to pay more than £50 for. Because they are jeans, the garb of the masses and should not cost hundreds of pounds no matter what the designers say they will do for your bum!

What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own (new or vintage)?
I would love to own something from Maison Martin Margiela. Or maybe these Berardi boots?

Will you have plastic surgery/botox etc.?
I would rather have full mobility in my face, so no botox thankyoueverso. True beauty is character and expression, the very things that botox erases. Also, am I the only one who thinks that injecting yourself with botulism to look younger is rather sick? As for plastic surgery... I don't know, I kinda like looking like me.

I tag:

Mikkle @ Blogue , Juliet @Fashion Lolita, Rowena @ Rosie Pop , Birdy Moola @ Oola Moola, Wee Birdy

*Don't laugh at the pathetic excuse for a witty pun in the title. Other "winners" included "a-tag of the 60ft woman", "remember the tag-tans" and "tig tag toe", so be grateful is all I'm sayin'.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.