Wednesday 21 January 2009

Talk to The Hat

There were many, many impressive things about yesterday's inauguration of America's first black President: Obama's pitch perfect speech, and just how tall and imposing Michelle Obama really is, for example.

But I have to say I was very impressed by the sheer presence of The Hat that was wearing Aretha Franklin. Let's just take another look at that baby: That is some hat. That hat looks like it has it's own condo and pays alimony to it's former wife. That hat is holed up somewhere in Reno, making plans to take over the world and WILL NOT BE DENIED! Mwahahahaha!

The rumour is that The Hat is the work of the Mr Song Millinery in Detroit. Of course, I had just had to take a look at the birth place of such a superlative affair. Athough I could find no sign of anything quite like The Hat, this came close.

There are also many other fine pretenders to The Hat (I would show you but Blogger image loader seems to have had it with cooperating for the day. *sigh*). 

But The Hat is special and therefore one of a kind. I guess.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.