Monday 19 January 2009

About last week

So, you've probably been wondering where the hell I've been over the past week. Well, let's see...
  • I've been job hunting, as my last work contract ended just before Christmas. So I've been doing the round of interviews, etc. (BTW if you know anyone who could use a an experienced Web Editor/Manager/Copywriter with added technical and design knowhow, please tell them that I'm available to anyone who's paying!).
  • The lease is up on the house in "The Nethers", so the bloke and I have been house-hunting and managed to find a great place nearer to actual civilisation (with it's own cinema and everything!) and are now doing that entire angsty, stressy, expensive, moving thing again. What japes! 
  • Because money is tight, I've also been doing my best to avoid shopping - very hard, especially during sales time. I've ended up making a few sneaky buys but mostly I've confined myself to a new addiction to buying old sweaters at thrift shops for various bits of DIY-ing (more of that to come in other posts).
  • Speaking of addictions, after a long and loving friendship, I have finally given up smoking (or "fellating the evil cancer weed", as I liked to call it in my darker moments of reflection). I am currently fighting my addiction with nicotine replacement, delivered in a handy-dandy inhalator (why it's called an "inhatalor", as opposed to your common or garden variety "inhaler", remains a mystery ). It's white and shaped oddly like a cross between a cigarette holder and a tampon dispenser. I realise that might sound disgusting but when compared to smoking a mixture of formaldehyde, tar and tobacco, it's a fair trade-off, I think. I'm looking forward to fresher air, cleaner lungs and a life-long addiction to nicotine replacement.
In other news, one of my favourite bloggers Liberty London Girl is back. Yay! Catch up on all her adventures so far, here.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.