Tuesday 13 January 2009

Channelling Denise Huxtable

Some nights, it's just hard to sleep. Last night was one of those nights. So I tossed and turned a while, chasing the elusive zzzs on the cusp of nodding off, thinking maybe I should just get up already and do something but also thinking it's too damned cold for that.

I had a spurt of childhood memories, which made me laugh and then just as I was nodding off a name and image popped into my head... Denise Huxtable. As a teen I loved the Cosby Show and I loved Denise most of all. She was the pretty rebel; bright but dissolute and that appealed. But most of all I loved the way she dressed. She was like no-one else. Totally unique but still really stylish and cool.

I wanted to dress like her. Hell, I wanted to be her. I spent this morning trawling the internet for images. Strangely, there aren't that many but I made a little corkboard shrine to her anyways.
(Click to enlarge)

Later on, I went thrifting at a few much-loved local charity shops and found the most amazing, colourful 80s sweater. Coincidence? I think not.

Here I am channelling Denise H:
(Click to enlarge)

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.