Tuesday 2 December 2008

Lost weekend

I've been pretty much out for the count this weekend with the mother of all colds. I kid you not, the stuff that was issueing forth from my cavities was fully formed and sentient. Seriously. Needless to say, I had absolutely no wish to be out of bed or near a computer for any length of time.

Now I can just about move, I guess a little catch-up is in order.

Alison Whelan, FBC Chairman & Co-Founder; Dolly Jones, Editor of Vogue.com and FBC Board Member; Michael Herz, Head of Womenswear Design at Aquascutum; Courtney Blackman, FBC Vice Chairman & Co-Founder

On Thursday, and all thanks to the lovely Courtney, I attended a Fashion Business Club talk featuring Michael Herz, head of Womenswear Design at Aquascutum in conversation with Dolly Jones, Editor of Vogue.com. The place was packed. Not being a fashion insider myself, it was interesting to see what fashion types do/talk about. Interesting thing that came up included:

  • Young designers and fleeting fame - Michael mooted that maybe up and coming designers should actually go out and work with other well established design houses first before setting up their own companies.
  • The Aquascutum SS09 "blue collection" - a whole show of variation on the colour blue. I have to admit, I'd not heard of or seen it before now but it is interesting. Below are some items from the collection that I particularly liked:
  • Sustainable fashion - Apparently this is going to be the next big thing in fashion. And, no, it's a not all materials made from potato skins and organic cotton. Must find out more.
Friday evening I was overcome by an overwhelming desire to go shopping, brought about by some timely money off vouchers, I received by email. Part two, later.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.