Monday 1 December 2008

December Daily Outfits - December 1, 2008

When I was a kid, I loved Advent calendars: all those windows waiting to be opened with treats or secrets behind. I couldn't wait to open one window a day to see what came next and I don't know how I managed to be disciplined enough to not just go crazy and open the entire thing in one seating. I guess I liked the anticipation more than the prize.

Now that it is December and you can actually say Christmas aloud without someone giving you the "drop dead" look I thought it would be fun to post an outfit everyday until Christmas, much like revealing a new window on the Advent calendar.

First up it's the dinner and a movie outfit, ideal for meeting up with friends for a casual week night out.It's slightly punky- with the boots and the knee socks, and slightly Parisienne, thanks to the stripy dress and red beret. I know it's a bit of a style cliché to team red with black and white stripes but there's a reason why it's a cliché - it just works.

Stripy dress, Miss Selfridge
Black poloneck, Uniqlo Heat Tech
Red beret, tights and boots, Topshop
Berry patchwork bag, Dorothy Perkins
Stripy hold ups, Dolly Dagger

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.