Monday 10 November 2008

Hard shoulders

Fueled by my ongoing obsession with the structured silhouette, I set about turning a common or garden variety sweater (I forgot to take before pictures so you're just going to have to take my word for it) into this (click on images to enlarge):I cut the tired old sequinned sweetheart neckline into a scoop. Then I cut some felt up into circles, which went on the arms. Cut off bra cups added some structure and the padded wonder-bra cups went into that.

I tried it on with my All Saints military harem pants, mongolian neck wrap and some shiny peeptoe shboots, and felt very urban warrior princes but in a nice way:
But when I put on my stomping, military lace-ups, I came over all queer:I wanted to smash something but decided it would be safer to pull faces instead:Grrr-AH!

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.