Last night, I finally saw Quantum of Solace, the new James Bond film. As usual, it was rollicking good fun, although sometimes I thought the action was just a bit too fast and adrenaline-action-ey. But you know that an action film is good - at least this is my take on it - when the baddie is dispatched in the most satisfactory manner. I won't give the ending away by telling you how, but it was definitely satisfactory.
"But," I hear you cry, "this a fashion blog. Why are we talking about James Bond?" Well it's because of the image below, a still from the movie, where 007 and his sidekick have just come out of the other side of a bit of roller-coaster ride (again, trying not to give anything away).
I was tranfixed by this particular scene because it says so much about women and style and fashion without saying a word:
- A good little black dress will work for you anywhere, even if you're trudging barefoot through the desert after being chased down by bad guys
- High heeled shoes may look pretty, and make you look taller and your legs look longer, but when it comes to the crunch you'll always be the most comfortable in bare feet
- In the right black dress, your heels really won't matter at all (of course, it helps if you also have a killer body)
- Sometimes, it looks pretty badass when you're walking barefoot and holding your spikey heels in your hand like a loaded weapon
- Spikey heels are a loaded weapon