Saturday 8 November 2008

Neccesity (and being a doofus) is the mother of invention

I'm just back from an abortive trip to John Lewis, Oxford Street. That's a pointless three hour round trip, if you're coming in from The Nethers. I am such a doofus.

It's nothing that JL did. I love John Lewis. They have the most polite knowledgeable staff anywhere on the high street. When you ask them a question be it regarding their own stock or even getting something somewhere else, they have the answers. If I could - and if it were legal - I'd marry them all. That is how much I love John Lewis. They can do no wrong.

Anyway, as I was saying, it was my own damned fault. I'd just got to the nice lady at the till with my haberdashery supplies when I realised I'd left my purse at home. Major bummer. Basically I was after some felt (can't have too much felt) and some shoulder pads. I have become obsessed with getting that high shouldered, structured look that's been about this season, and I thought I could do a DIY project around that.

On my abject and empty handed train ride back it occured to that I probably didn't need the shoulder pads anyhow because what I do have is a worn out push-up bra that I'd been wanting to get rid of. The cups are the perfect rounded shape and I could fill them out with some wadding that I just happen to have handy. What's that? Yes... I hoard wadding. Your point?

So, I cut out said bra cups and filled them with wadding and they look pretty much exactly how I wanted. Phase 2 will be finding the lucky unloved top that's about to get a major makeover. There's one around here somewhere...

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.