Wednesday 12 November 2008

Hand in glove

Last year, I had a pretty serious long glove fetish that lead to me possibly owning about 10 different pairs of long gloves in different finishes, materials and colours. Which is probably the only reason that I can't bring myself to add these zipped elbow gloves from Urban Outfitters (£38) to my collection.

If, unlike me, you are yet to get yourself a good pair of long leather gloves, you can do no better for this price. I've seen them in the flesh and they are gorgeous.


You could wear them with a baggy chunky sweater with the sleeves pulled up and some skinnies/leggings and pixie boots for a retro 8os look.
Chunky knit, Red Herring at Debenhams; studded boots, Schuh; wet look leggings, Topshop


Or you could do the urban warrior thing with edgy trousers, killer heels and sleeveless structured top or faux fur/puffer gilet.
Trousers, Commes des Garcons for H&M; Gilet, M&S; platform boots, Topshop; quilted leather waistcoat, Thomas Wylde


Or you could use them to goth up a glam little black dress with some patent black Doc Martens
Beaded and featherd LBD, Warehouse; Pewter boots, Doc Martens


Or you could just wear them with your jimjams, while drinking cocoa in front of the tv before bed. Just for the feel... That's what I'd do.
Jammies and pom pom slippers, Topshop

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.