Wednesday 5 December 2007

Five of of the best... bodycon dresses

A funny thing has happened to me. Ever since I wore the strictly come dancing dress for the bloke's party, I've started to see my body in a new light. I may not be the skinny minny of my youth but it looks like I've managed to widen out in all the right places.

I think I may now be in possession of some rather dangerous curves, even the (let's face it, much hated) poochie tummy, doesn't look that poochie anymore. I may have turned a corner here. I'm ready to embrace the body I've got, that's not half bad. I'm ready to show off my curves. I'm ready for... Bodycon!

The thing about a good bodycon dress of course, is not only does it fit like a second skin and hug every curve, it is also cleverly constructed to hold you in all the right places. So, unless you're model perfect buy something well tailored, in a heavy fabric and get some good underwear. then minx it up with some killer heels and red lippy.
dressed and pressed, bodycon dress


Clockwise from top: Monsoon ruffled, £95; Oasis colour-block, £50; Coast red, £95; Star by Julien MacDonald strapless, £60 at Debenhams; Coast corset, £160

See more of the best

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.