Saturday 22 August 2009

Welcome to the dark side

I've been having a bit of style rethink of late. There are many reasons for this but mainly it's because I've got stuck in a sort of rut where the colours are clashing, the prints are loud, the forals are everywhere and the cuts are ladylike and girlie. Which is fine, if that's how you feel.

But I'm feeling a bit more like kicking arse and taking no prisoners. I'm feeling chunky boots assymetrical hair, lots of black and a perma-scowl. I basically want to dress like an extra from Mad Max channeling tank girl by way of Freakangels. But everytime I buy something it ends up being the same boring girlie prom dress (or variation of).

Luckily, as the seasons turn a darker, edgier look is coming into play. A more black, biker meets grunge look with exposed zips, buckles, rips, studs, pvc/leather and serious attitude. The dark side, that's where I'm headed.

I was recently invited to view the Warehouse Christmas 09 collection and it's as if they've read my mind because they've have put together an amazing collection with studs, sequins and lashings of black. There are severe military jackets with the obligatory strong, exaggerated shoulders, studded dresses and matching leggings and panelling effects that give you the impression of urban armour, all of which I am very excited by.

However, I'm most excited by the jewelry, which is bold, chunky and dangerous looking. I can't wait to get my hands on it. My camera was - and still is - out of commission so I don't have any pics of the accessories table, but here are a few press pics from the day.




See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.