Monday 22 December 2008

December Daily Outfits 18 December 2008

Christmas feels so close now, I can feel it's fluffy fake snow choking me, while the spiky tendrills of tinsle strangle my very soul. Yes, people, I am in a dark, dark place, where I realise there are simply not enough hours in the day to have a life and do December Daily Outfits posts.

On a happier note - and looking forward to New Year's Eve and a new year in general - I've been invited to a NYE party where the theme is decades. This has sent me off into a spiral of indecision: do I do 80s Madonna? Should I be a flapper girl for the night? Should I do my ol' 70s staple Foxy Brown with afro wig and fringed shorts? Decisons, decisons...

Anyhoo, my current state of mind is what's brought me to this outfit. It's pretty much 80s. Well as far as you can do 8os without having to scout around for actual vintage finds. So, I guess I'll call it: 80s redux (and I don't know about you, but I really, really like the word redux. Am I the only person who thinks that words are just as awesome as shoes and just as worthy of collection and catalogueing?)


Note the use of matching accessories. I distinctly remember having a pair of gloves that I wore come rain, come shine in the 80s. And an armful of colour coded plastic, bangles. And various pairs of alternately ridiculously long or ridiculously large earrings (pretty much the size of a saucer. I do not exaggerate. I wish I did.) And big, BIG hair. So, I know whereof I speak.

Top, skirt and bangle, Miss Selfridge
Shoes, Office
Gloves, Maison Fabre @Lindestore.com
Earrings, Topshop

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.