Sunday 14 December 2008

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I've never read the series of Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella but I just came across the trailer for the movie based on the first book and it's looking pretty enticing. I hear it'll be out sometime early next year.

The film stars Ilsa Fisher as the hapless heroine, addicted to shopping who refers to credit cards as "magic cards". Can you see the mountain of debt coming her way? Well, can ya?? Cue all manner of cute 'n' funnies as she tries to clear her debt and "find herself".

I really like Isla Fisher - she is wildly under-utilised as comedy actor (remember the mad, red-haired nympho from Wedding Crashers? That was she). I have to say, I'm looking forward to seeing this. Check out the trailer below and tell me what you think.

PS: This was the best copy of the trailer that I could find but it comes with a lot of feeble talking head gumph after the trailer that you could probably do without seeing. So disregard the two numpties in the chairs afterwards if you like. Also... who critiques a trailer? I sthis a thing now, trailer critiquing? Well, alrighty then.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.