Wednesday 19 November 2008

Matalan wows for Spring/Summer 09

I was invited to the launch of the SS09 range at Matalan today and I bring you glad tidings of great joy.

Matalan is one of those high street gems that offer affordable fashion and good value for money. They're like a classier version of Primark. The only problem is their shops tend to be tucked away in shopping centres at the back of beyond. Getting to a Matalan near you can often be a mission and you're not guaranteed that all the stock you wanted will be at the shop you're at.

So you'll be pleased to hear the good news that, finally, finally, Matalan will be open for business online next year. Joy! They won't be offering full stock straight away but even if just favourites are available to buy online, it'll be a start.

So, what about the collection? It looks great. I forgot my camera to bring my camera, so I can't show you photos of some of the shoes and clothes I saw, and some aren't available in the look book. I hope to gets some more images later. However, I can say that the clothes look high quality but the costs are minimal.Matalan Spring/Summer 09

An average item will set you back about £20. I'm especially liking the shoes, which range around £16-£20.

Remember those beautiful studded sandals from Burberry which were all the rage last year and the popular copies by Topshop? Well Matalan have got in on the act for next summer. Also on my list are ruffle-front, three strap Mary Janes; strappy, zip detail gladiators; and, stone the crows, they've only gone and done a copy of those black and white, Balenciaga gladiator sandals. Matalan Balenciaga sandals

I'll do a best buys post later on this week.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.