Wednesday 21 May 2008

The opposite of Koumpounophobia


Koumpounophobia is the fear of buttons. Apparently, one in 75,000 people suffers from it. I'm glad to say that I am not one of them. If anything, I'd say I'm a koumpounophilliac (but hopefully not in a kinky way). Which is lucky because this weekend I scored the motherload of buttons courtesy of my local-ish charity shop (above).

Almost a large sweet tin's worth of buttons for £3, I am over the moon. As you can see, they come a variety of colours, sizes and shapes.

My favourites right now are the heavy metal buttons with New York Paris Milan etched on them. I think they will make cute accessories with some ribbon or felt. And I can't wait to start decorating items of clothing of mine with some colourful and mismatched button action.

Other finds included:
  • a pretty shift dress with drawings of pin-up girls all over it by Betty Barclay, £3! I wore it today with my thin, mint blue, double-buckled belt and my mint peeptoe flats and here's a photo. Yes, I know, not an everyday occurence round here. And I still suck at taking photos, so sorry if it's a little blurry. Click to enlarge.
  • two different bundles of material, £1 for both. As the bloke pointed out, they look like curtains at the moment -ones an abstract garish print and the other a sweet, pale yellow floral - but I have high hopes for them becoming a pretty summer skirt and something else that I'm not quite sure of. We'll see.

My mind is buzzing with the possibilities. No doubt another DIY marathon is on its way soon.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.