Monday 7 April 2008

Results of my DIY marathon

As promised some pics of my little DIY-athon from the past couple of days. Apologies for the less than great images, I still can't find my camera, so I used the phone-cam. Click on images to enlarge.

Customised vest

Primark vest customised with chunky zips. I appliqued a short red chunky zip customised with frilled blue netting to the front. On the back I've added a long blue chunky zip, which can be left undone or done up for a tighter fit.

DIY net skirts

I love a good net skirt. They're perfect for adding volume to a pouffy skirt and also great for layering over clothing for some added glamour. Unfortunately, it's really hard to get one that's not too full or too flat, so I don't know why it took me so long to figure out that I'd just have to do it myself.

The blue net skirt was made by using three layers of netting of different lengths, sewn on to a thick elastic band. The black net skirt , is longer (about calf length) and double-layered. I thought it would be fun to add a long zip in a contrasting colour for interest. (And it also saves me having to squeeze the skirt over my hips).

Outfits

I'm determined to do the sheer look in a pretty, romantic way this summer. The two outfits above are just me mucking around with the idea.

Left: Sheer floral tee from Zara, sheer slip from Karl Lagerfeld for H&M, diamanté ruched belt from H&M, black net skirt with contrasting zip, mine.

Right: Floral, strapless, bubble-skirt dress from Oasis, blue elastic belt from Primark, three tiered net skirt, mine.

See more DIY

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.