Thursday 10 April 2008

Outfit of the week 11/04/08

Because I'm totally obsessed with harem pants (or hareem pants as Topshop like to call them. God only knows why. *sigh*) at the moment, I fell in love with these drape jersey slacks from Religion as soon as I layed eyes on them. They're sort of chic-er version of harem pants or a sort of cross between harem pants and jodhpurs... whatever. They are a true thing of beauty.

With a pair of trousers like this, I guess the thing would be to wear with a a pared down unfussy top but I actually think they can take a bit of drama. So I'm doing the opposite and pairing them with big frills and a fitted shirt, the frills are supposed just peek out from underneath that exaggerated neckline. What makes it work is that both shirts are fitted and also the quite formal, rakishness of it all.

Add to the mix these gorgeous, chunky, wooden heeled shoes, a clutch bag and chunky ring and I think it all comes together as quite a nice little party outfit.

Response to this outfit (such as it was) was a 50/50 split. 50 per cent of you thought the outfit had rakish good looks and the other 50 per cent felt there may have been a surfiet of frou frou. Either way, thanks for rating!

Click on image to enlarge

Trousers, £52, Religion at Urban Outfitters
Frill-neck Blouse, $24.80, Forever 21
Fitted black shirt with exaggerated collar, £65, All Saints
Shoes, £70, Office
Clutch, £10, Red Herring at Debenhams
Chunky ring, £6, Dorothy Perkins

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.