Monday 4 February 2008

Five of the best... deeply ditsy

Let's not kid ourselves here. The floral trend is not new. It's never really been away. Every spring/summer season, as sure as eggs is eggs, you know it's coming. Flowers. On everything. And so it is that flower power is back.

You can wear them any which way, large and blousy or "abstract" but what you mostly won't be able to miss on a high street near you right now, are those teeny-tiny florals known as the ditsy print. And you will end up owning at least one ditsy print item of clothing before the season's through.

Here are five of the best I've seen so far. And may I just say, much as I haaate tunics, I totally adore that blue pussy-bow number from M&S. I'll just buy it a size smaller and cinch it in at the waist with a wide belt, et voila, tunic begone!


Clockwise from top: monochrome print blouse, £23 and Rocha John Rocha red and white print dress, £45, both at Debenhams; River Island tie-neck dress, £34.99; M&S pussy-bow tunic, £35; J by Jasper Conran print blouse with black background, £25, also from Debenhams

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.