Monday 3 December 2007

Outfit of the week 03/12/07

It's a common fashion dilemma. You've been invited to a cool, kick-ass, dress-up party. If you wore dresses, you'd have no problem. But you're one of those girls who always looks better in jeans and a top. Only, your faithful true blues just won't cut it this time. What to do?

You could wear a dress anyway and spend the whole night looking and feeling uncomfortable or you could wear this week's outfit. That is still all about the jeans but also has the required razzmatazz to make you the tom-belle of the ball.

You'd have to have been buried alive not to have noticed that tuxes are in this party season. Luckily for me (gloat, gloat) I picked the perfect tux from Fornarina in the summer sales. I just loved the well-cut, hour-glass shape and the scoopy neckline. Who knew that my fashion mojo was such that it would become the thing to wear? When I get a minute I'll post of pic.

If you have a tux lying around in your closet, cool. If not, they're everywhere. I particularly like this version from Vannessa Bruno. Team with this very funky silver foil print black jeans from Dorothy Perkins, a glamorous top and great accessories et voila! You are totally party ready.

77 per cent of you thought this outfit was cooler than Santas little helpers in a snowstorm. How stylish are you?

Click on image to enlarge

Tux, £195, Vanessa Bruno
Jeans, £35, Dorothy Perkins
Sequin one shoulder top, £45, S'nob at ASOS
Grey studded shoes, £39.99, Schuh
Studded cuff, £14 and studded wide bangle, £18
Gross grain clutch, £39, House of Fraser

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.