Wednesday 31 October 2007

Happy Halloween

I think the best thing about Halloween is the dressing up part. This is probably the only time of the year when you can put on that red satin catsuit with the devil's horns or that mad madame pompadour wig and get away with it.

I've spent much of today thinking about costume and why some people (me for instance) like to dress up so much. Is it attention seeking? Probably. But I also like to think it's got something to do with having an outlet for your creativity. About really just wanting to be or feeling like a different person everyday.

Suffice it to say, I'm more an Isabella Blow than a Anna Wintor type of girl. Real life's boring. If I could, I would radically change my looks on a daily basis, just to be different and maybe experience the world differently. Roll on the sci-fi age when all that will be possible. Can't wait.
These Japanese Halloween/cosplay revellers make me want to hop on a plane and join the party. They also make me want to burn all the rubbish halloween costumes that I have ever worn and hang my head in shame. News and image via reuters.


Prangsta make the kind of lush costumes that make you want to be in your own little costume drama everyday. If it weren't for work and real life. This is what the inside of my wardrobe would look like. Images via Prangsta.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.