Friday 31 August 2007

Most wanted shoes - September

I'm going a little shoe crazy at the moment. This always happens when the new season's offerings hit the stores.

There is so much to choose from: platform courts and peeptoes, shboots and ankle boots, colours and brights and metallics. They're all so tempting and new, I want them all. If I'm not careful, my wallet is is going to get a lot lighter over the coming months.

For now, here's what's on my most wanted shoe list for September:

Platforms
I'm not a short person, relatively speaking but I do love the heels. And I really love the platform heels. They look great with flared out skirts or skinny jeans and really funk up boring formal wear. These two platform styles from Bertie are all I need to raise my spirits.




Bertie nude courts, £65 and patent peeptoes, £75



Shboots
Tis the season for all things not quite shoes and not really boots. It's the return of the shboot and this time heels are chunkier and vamps more solid. I absolutely adore the super-chunky green lace-ups from Carvela.



Carvela chunky heel lace-ups, £85 and purple shboots with buckle detail, £80



Bright and colourful
Colour-blocking is a big trend for A/W, so I'm stocking up on as many coloured shoes as I can find. Colour can give a twist to simple classic court or add interest to low heels.


KG blue embellished shoes, £70; Aldo apple green court shoes, £49.95


Ankle boots
I like the way that ankle boots look with simple jeans and a tee but I also like the way they can add an unexpected twist to a party outfit. I am totally wearing a pair like these turquise studded ones with a ball gown.


Schuh stud boots and tan boots, both £59.99


Metallics
Love 'em or loathe 'em metallics are all over everything for the foreseeable future. Getting bored with gold and silver? Go for metallic colour instead.


Office purple metallic lace-ups, £55; Solea pewter t-bars, £110

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.