Friday 22 June 2007

My new gay best friend

So I'm back from Nice and it was great: sun, sea-air, topless beaches... perfect. Sadly lacking in the shopping area though, which was a bit of a bummer. Got back to London with it's iffy weather and just got a touch of the SADs, that coupled with the fact that the boring offerings from the shops continue and all I've wanted to do is stay under my duvet until summer is over.

Still there are the Autumn/Winter trends to look forward to.

In the meantime, I've been catching up with my telly watching and my firm favourite of the moment is Gok Wan's How to Look Good Naked.

Lord, I love me some GokWan! Unlike whatshername from 10 Years Younger - who just irritates the hell out of you - or Trinny and Susannah - who have turned into a bizzare amalgam of an agony aunt, your mum and your gran - Gok is right on the money.

Camp as a Christmas turkey in a pink tutu, he waltzes into to the room takes a look at his muse for the week and tells her what every girl wants to hear: "you're fabulous, now get out of those tired cargo pants and trainers and let's play dress up!"

It never ceases to amaze me how down we women can be on our own bodies and how we lose out on all the fun of dressing up just because we can't embrace our wobbly bits. I love Gok because he knows - as we all should - that with the right clothes, the right make up and the right attitude, every girl's a goddess.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.