Saturday 5 May 2007

Late night shopping picks of the week - 5 May

I know what you're thinking... "where did the late night shopping picks go?" Well fear not, they are back! Here's your handy-dandy guide to the shopping picks for the weekend. This week have been mostly looking in the Spanish shops.

First up is Massimo Dutti (hey guys, crap website by the way. When will you learn?) Anyway, I've never even consciously noticed or been into this shop, so when I saw this lovely yellow silk dress in the shop window, I knew it was a sign.
Not half bad - Massimo Dutti

It's not half bad in there. I guess it's on a par with Riess on the stock spectrum. I absolutely adored the yellow dress, which also comes in fetching shade of blue and is only £70. Which is as much as you would pay for a cheaply made dress from the Kate Moss range (or more on Ebay). Why don't you just save your money for something far lovelier?

Hadn't been to Mango in so long that I had to pop in and see if anything had radically changed. There's the dregs of the mid-season sales still dragging on and what's left of the Jovovich-Hawk ( I saw a picture of Ms Hawk recently... Boy! She looks like a very scary wraith lady).

Digging the shorts - Mango

Anyway, I was digging Mango's pretty, butterfly print, beach shorts, £13 and the limited edition patent cork wedges in red or black, £55 had me drooling. Also check out the splendid multi-coloured tiered maxi, with removable straps, £45 . If you haven't picked up a pair of high waisted shorts yet, get some here for £30.

On to Zara, the place for dresses this season. Although I finally got the epiphany that their dresses will always look better on pear shaped ladies, with narrow shoulders, which rules me out. I'm pretty much shaped the other way round. I believe they call it "athletic" ha!

So, yeah, my best Zara pick is the pretty white ruffle-bib dress, £39. Contenders include cute laid-back embroidered jersey dress with front pockets for £29 and leaf patterned, halter neck maxi, £49. I also had to include the dainty rainbow striped top but forgot to get the price.

Good for Pears - Zara

Last of all, I thought I'd check out new kid on the block, Desigual. Billed as Spanish sportswear/streetwear, it's a bit like Bershka trying to be edgy.

Imagine someone took all your favourite jersey pieces and "customised" them, then wrote all over them. That about sums up the Desigual experience. It's pretty much a teenage fantasy; an orgy of cropped tees and teeny, tiny shorts but that could just be the summer stock.
Teenage heaven - Clothes from Desigual

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.