Thursday 8 March 2007

What is up with... celebrity style icons


Celebrities. When did they become our sartorial measure? Just when did it happen that we not only wanted to know what Lindsay Lohan was doing last night but we also wanted to know what she was wearing when she was doing it and where we could buy it?

Pick up any style magazine these days, and not only is some half-wit celebrity gurning at you from the cover but you can hardly turn a page without some strident headline telling you to “get their look”.

I say, no! I don’t want to get the “celebrity look”. I’m pretty much capable of getting my own look, thank you very much, and I don’t need a stylist to help me with it. I know what I like, I know what works best for me and I sure as damn know that I do not wish to look like someone else.

Let’s show a little imagination people and develop our own style.

Images:
Top right - Victoria Beckham. Who died and made her a fashion icon?

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.