Friday 9 March 2007

Late night shopping picks of the week

Yesterday was Thursday, which for me means only one thing, late night shopping, yippee! So here's what's new, apologies for the lack of photos, I did try!

Green apple pendant on faux gold chain, Aldo, £10. If you haven’t been in Aldo lately, or you think it’s just about the shoes, you better take a look. It seems they’re extending their range to include some rather good looking jewellery. This particular piece caught my eye because of it’s elegance. It looks way more expensive than it really is. I’m not really one for the faux gold (or even the real gold. I prefer silver, less flashy) but that pretty little green apple was just too much of a temptation. Also at Aldo, be on the lookout for some very fine cocktail rings.

Seeing as it was nearby, I also stopped in at River Island, which has been consistently and quietly coming out with some really stylish pieces. I fell in love with the cream linen pouffy-skirt with pocket and button detail, £29.99, which will work now as part of a monochrome ensemble with a pretty black top and opaque tights.

Come summer, I intend to wear it with even prettier bright vests – take your pick at Dorothy Perkins from £5 – and sky-scraping bright patent wedgies from New Look. I am loving that voluminous look right now and I shall be taking another look at the net skirt I bought last summer from H&M. It's never been worn but with a few minor adjustments, worn under the River Island skirt, it could be just the ticket for that uber-puoffy look.

If you haven't got one of your very own, check out your local vintage shops to find a net skirt. Rokit and Beyond Retro are good bets but beware, they can cost anything between £25 to £50, so get one you're going to use. A lot.

At New Look, check out their new range of shoes with the red soles (Monsieur Louboutin will be pleased). My favourites are the black patent peep toes, £25, tres chic.

Finally, you have got to check out the gorgeous tromp l’oeil tee with pixie collar from Miss Selfridge, £16, with the big drawn on bow, festooned with pretty, pink glitter hearts, it is the cutest thing ever.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.