Tuesday 27 March 2007

All the shoes I own - Black leather biker boots (90s)

People are always asking me about the shoes I wear. It's true, I've got a lot of them and when I occassionaly pull a pair from the back of the closet and put them on, I'm pretty much guaranteed that someone will comment and ask where I got them. Sometimes they've been around so long I have to wrack my brain to remember.

So, I've decided to start this new section to share the shoes in my closet with you. It's a sort of trip down shoe memory lane or the back of my shoe closet. I'm also hoping that you'll reciprocate by telling me more about your shoes. Email a photo and some words and I'll post them up. Or leave a comment. I'd love to see what you all are wearing!




Up first, let me introduce you to my black biker boots. I bought them, in the late 90s, I think, for £20. They're calf length, flat, with a rubber sole and zip at the back. This is the thing that swung it for me - the back zip. It's just the sort of detail that I look out for when I buy shoes. I like quirky and different.

These boots are definitely hard-wearing. They have been around for nearly ten years and they have traveled with me to Spain, New York, San Francisco and Germany. I got stuck half way up a hill in the Costa del Sol wearing these boots.

Whenever I wear these boots, I feel tough. I feel I can do anything. I wear them to toughen up pretty dresses. I wear them under slouchy boy-jeans and over skinnies. They look good with a leather jacket and with a smart mac. I could say they are the best boots ever; they probably are.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.