Tuesday 2 February 2010

Spring awakening

I love musical theatre. I love it for all the reasons that people who hate musicals hate musicals - the spontaneous bursting into song, the dance routines, the costumes, Andrew Lloyd-Webber (okay, maybe not).

My love of musicals is the reason why I will still pick the old fashioned Disney 2d animations over those whizzy new Pixar ones anyday. If ain't got a singing Genie or Satyr then it's just not Disney, dammit! I am so glad to see that Disney has returned to it's roots with The Frog Prince and I can't wait to see it. My love of musicals is why I fell in love with Glee.

Anyway, this isn't a post about Disney. It's not even a post about musicals. It's a post about a musical, specifically Spring Awakening. I went to see it last year at the Lyric Hammersmith and it was A-mazing. I laughed, I cried, I ooh-ed, I aah-ed. The music was fantastic, the story was poignant but mostly I loved the costumes. The boy's costumes. They all dressed like this:

This is how I want to dress. Forever. The guy up there is Moritz. He was my favourite character in Spring Awakening because he got to sing all the kick-ass rock songs. And then he killed himself. Smell the teen angst! I have this postcard on my wall and everytime I look at it I want to go in search of knickerbockers and a fitted blazer.

This is how I would interpret the look:
It's all a bit Janelle Monae. Love this girl. Check out this vid:

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.