Wednesday 19 March 2008

Outfit of the week 19/03/08

I'm determined to wear a long, swishy skirt this summer. Now, that's easier said than done because I happen to know that long skirts only ever really favour the tall and the skinny. Where the tall end up looking statuesque and interesting, everyone else looks even shorter than normal. Where the skinny look ethereal and fragile, everyone else looks frumpy and dumpy. That is unless you find the "right" long skirt and I think this one from Nicole Farhi may be it.

It's properly flared - not just A line - so you get that swishy effect. It's three-quarter rather than full length, so it doesn't overwhelm the short-legged. And it's black (I know that patterned and border-print full skirts are in at the moment but who are we kidding here? A basic black will flatter all comers and will always be in).

Which brings us to the price: £180. Bit steep then. However, teamed with pretty fitted tops and bright accessories it will work hard for your summer wardrobe. Then come autumn/winter (as they must) you can bung on a pair of thick tights, a slim fit sweater and some boots and rock it all over again.

Click on image to enlarge

100 per cent of you rated this outfit a do. So, either I'm getting good or I'm getting lazy!

Skirt, £180, Nicole Farhi at House of Fraser

Top, £16.99, bag, £29.99 and hat, £10; River Island
Belt, £20 and Earrings, £10; Topshop
Metal Cuff, £6, ASOS
Wooden platforms, £135, Pied a Terre

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.