Monday 19 November 2007

Outfit of the week 19/11/07

I really like the idea of mixing and matching textures and looks: hard and soft, knits and leather, clashing colours, crazy layers. That's what I'm trying to do with this outfit.

I think it's so a good look to team a flimsy girlie dress with a huge knit and add butch-y (not a word, you say? Tis now) accessories like studded gloves and biker boots. I'm loving All saints at the moment and the knit, dress and slip underneath are all from there.

The buckled belt, I'd wear cinched over the knit, which I'd leave open. I like the multi-striped scarf as it adds a bit of colour and fun. The beenie's an antidite to the ubiquitous floppy knitted hat.

The look's simultaneously cozy, feminine and edgy and I like it. It's be a great way to get some extra wear out of your summer dresses.
dressed and pressed, outfit of the week 83 per cent of you rated this outfit crazy but cool, 16 per cent of you rated it just plain crazy.

Dress £100 slip (just seen)£25, chunky cardigan £120, all All Saints
Scarf £15, Dorothy Perkins
Belt £28, Topshop
Biker boots, £79.99, Schuh
Beenie £15, Accessorize
Studded gloves £7.99,
Rebel Rebel.com

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.