Saturday 10 November 2007

I'm loving Karen Millen

Click on image to enlarge
Tailored leather skirt, £199; red ra-ra dress, £160; metallic dress, £140; tailored satin dress, £160; jumpsuit, £160; all at Karen Millen

Karen Millen is not a shop I go to often. Goodness knows why because everytime I go there, I end up coveting 99 per cent of everything I see. The problem is, no matter how much I covet, I rarely walk out with anything. It's just that pricey end of the high street that requires handing over credit cards and calculating just how many times you can eat beans on toast before it actually starts to become a health risk.

Anyway, Millen can always be relied upon to come up with grown up and pretty party dresses and well made and tailored work wear. I have totally fallen in love with the red ra-ra dress, which would be great for all the Christmas parties and the tailored satin LBD would be gorgeous for work and after-work drinks. You know my opinion of jumpsuits but I still can't help thinking that this one, worn with heeled platform sandals might just change my life.

It's all in the details and, surrounded by high street shops that want to keep as cheap and current as possible, Millen seems determined to go it's own way. So while the clothes are up on the trends, they are also just that little bit different and better made than everything else. Which is well worth the extra cost I think. I just need to figure out how I can afford it.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.