Wednesday 15 August 2007

For girls who know what they love


On a recent night out with the girlies, the chat came to clothes: what we wear, what we don't, etc. And, apparently, there are women out there who buy a favourite item and wear it lovingly till it falls off. Who'd a thunk it?!

Having the attention span of a gnat with ADD, I couldn't fathom ever having a favourite item beyond a week. My style is more chameleon than faithful turtle but I do admire a girl who can pull on the same outfit again and again and still look stunning and individual.

One of the girlies that I met was the talented Maiko Dawson and - for those of us who'll pay a little extra for a whole lot more wear and comfort - she makes exceedingly good shoes and bags. We spent quite some marvelling at the handmade leather slippers with stone detail she was wearing.

Check out her wares at maikodawson.com. My favourites are the M bag, £185 and the pretty metallic Molly shoes, £320. They're not cheap but they're gorgeous, individual and I guarantee you will wear them to death.

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.