Tuesday 6 March 2007

Round toe shoes Vs pointy toe shoes

I've been mulling this one over for a while, and I have to say that my preference is definitely for the for the round toes. For one thing, they are infinitely more comfortable. Also, if like me you have what can only be politely termed as "big feet" (7-71/2 in a round toe, 8- 81/2 in a pointy toe) that extra inch can turn your feet from cute to clownish.

On the other hand, pointy toes are just so elegant and sexy. I've noticed that women who wear pointy toe shoes seem altogether more groomed and grown up than their round toe wearing counterparts.

Round toes look good with baby doll dresses, A-line skirts, tees, ponytails and lip gloss. Pointy toes look great with power suits, pencil skirts, pussy-bows, salon fresh hair and scarlet lipstick. Round toes are playful, pointy toes are all business.

So, which is best? I guess it depends on whether at heart you are forever girlie or a grown up woman. Or then again, it could simply be a matter of "if the shoe fits..."

See more good stuff

Outfits of the week

About me

I like pretty dresses, high heels, the colour red and good writing.